Got yellowtail? Love Baja Mexican ceviche? Then
this recipe is for you. Just make sure you use fresh yellowtail, herbs, vegetables and limes, and finally a few crunchy tostadas.
The yellowtail I'm using for my Baja Mexican ceviche
recipe was caught last Super Bowl Sunday. That day big schools of yellowtails started sweeping through by mid-afternoon. The hook-ups were happening like popcorn in blistering oil. It was way more fun than watching any NFL halftime show...
Mexican Baja Ceviche (6 servings)
2 pounds yellowtail, cut into 1/2-in cubes
12 medium size limes (or lemons)
1/2 of a red onion (julienned)
1 bundle cilantro
5-6 small red/yellow sweet peppers (julienned)
1-2 serrano peppers
Cracked Black pepper
1 bag tostada shells
Making The Mexican Baja Ceviche
1. Cut and chop the yellowtail into 1/4" cubes pieces. Liberally salt the fish, and set aside in a plastic tupper ware container.
2. Juice approximately 12 fresh limes or lemons, and pour over the chopped yellowtail. Make sure all your fish is covered with the lime juice. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
3. In a separate bowl, add julienned whole red onion and sweet peppers. Add rough chopped cilantro and finely chopped serrano pepper. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
4. Remove yellowtail from refrigerator and strain out all the lime juice. Add yellowtail to cut vegetables in a bowl and toss ingredients together. Add salt and pepper, check for saltiness, add more if necessary.
5. With a large serving spoon, ladle ceviche mixture onto the Mexican tostada shells. Serve immediately.
Need Some Kitchen Stuff?
Here's a great way to support Fisherman's Belly. Use our amazon links to purchase items you may need. You don't pay extra but, Amazon will send us a commission on your purchase. Just click on the links below to shop around and take a look. Thanks, Yanni
➤ 30 Day Free Amazon Prime Membership
KITCHEN GADGETS & INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE 🌶
➤ FREE 30 Day Amazon Prime Membership
➤ Ex-Large Bamboo Cutting Board 18"x14" $24.95
➤ 12-inch Chef's Knife $19.95
➤ Ex-Large Mixing Bowl w/Lid $23.95
➤ Orange Citrus Juicer/Squeezer $27.97
➤ Porcelain Ramekin Pinch Bowls 6-ea $12.95
PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT USED 🎥
➤ Canon EOS 70D Food Photography & Video $1049.99
➤ GoPro HERO4 Black $199.00