Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo Made With Halibut!
Need a yummy seafood fettuccine Alfredo pasta? Does your mouth water just saying those words? Now think of using fresh halibut... This recipe elevates the halibut by cooking it in a rich homemade Alfredo sauce, then tossing it onto perfectly cooked fettuccine. Wow!
Once learned, this seafood fettuccine Alfredo can be put together with any type of seafood your fisherman's hands can get a hold of!
Summer just started, but spawning halibut are still being
caught off So Cal. Since there's plenty of halibut still around,
I figured you might have some halibut just for this dish.
And if you love pasta and seafood, try my Squid Pasta recipe!
Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo With Halibut (serves 4)
2 pounds halibut cut into 1/2-3/4-in cubes
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium sized onion grated with a hand grater
3 cloves garlic smashed with kosher salt
Coarse black pepper
1 pound fettuccine
2 cups heavy cream
1 stick of unsalted butter 4-oz
1 cup water with 1 tablespoon Vietnamese Fish Sauce,
(chicken, fish or veggie stock optional)
1 egg yolk
1/2 pound shredded Parmesan cheese
1 bundle of parsley fine chopped
Start Making The Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo
1. Start by making the Alfredo sauce. First, over a medium heat, pre-heat a frying pan or a shallow roasting pan. And then, add in 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the onions, garlic with a pinch of black pepper. Saute this mixture for 4-5 minutes. Now it's time to add the butter. Make sure and cook all the butter until it has melted. Next add the water and fish sauce combined. Continue to cook until the sauce reduces by half (around 10 minutes).
2. This is a perfect time to start boiling water for your pasta. Always boil as much water as possible in a large pot. This ensures your pasta won't stick together.
3. Now back to the Alfredo sauce. Next, it's time to add the heavy cream. Over a medium low heat, cook the heavy cream until it starts to reduce and thicken, that should take 5-6 minutes. Now add one egg yolk and make sure you whisk the egg into the sauce to prevent it from cooking and separating. Finally add 1 cup of Parmesan and then whisk that in as well.
4. Finally add the halibut cubes and then, mix and cook for only 2-3 minutes before turning off the heat.
5. Finish cooking the fettuccine (6-7 minutes total), strain and place the fettuccine in a serving platter. Pour the halibut Alfredo sauce over the pasta, and then garnish with more Parmesan cheese, parsley and more coarse black pepper. Enjoy.
NEED SOME KITCHEN STUFF? 🙂 Here's a great way to support Fisherman's Belly. Use our amazon links to purchase items you may need. You don't
pay extra but, Amazon sends us a small commission on your purchase. Just click on the links below to take a look and
shop around. Thanks, Yanni _____________________________________________________________
➤ 30 Day Free Amazon Prime Membership http://amzn.to/2lIRHcI
KITCHEN GADGETS & INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE 🌶 ➤ Cuda Fishing Knives http://amzn.to/2zfM0JN ➤ Kitchen Chef's Knives http://amzn.to/2hf2zkF ➤ Stock Pot Stainless Steel 20-quart w/Lid http://amzn.to/2CG2boJ ➤Stainless Steel Colander http://amzn.to/2DnN6V7 ➤ Tomato Sauce Casserole Pan http://amzn.to/2AliBxW ➤ Hand Held Grater http://amzn.to/2y3N5D8 ➤ Organic Fettuccine Pasta 16-oz https://amzn.to/2yIOCn0 ➤ Large Pasta Serving Platters http://amzn.to/2zkBZgn ➤ Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L http://amzn.to/2ClQhvN ➤ Vietnamese Fish Sauce 8.45-oz https://amzn.to/2MiQNPW ➤ Morton Kosher Salt 3lbs http://amzn.to/2AiewJN ➤ Adjustable Pepper Grinder, Clear http://amzn.to/2AsoiZG ➤ Spicy World Black Peppercorn 16-oz bag http://amzn.to/2CTif3a ➤ Variety of Amazon Parmesan Cheeses http://amzn.to/2y3mVjR
PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT USED 🎥 ➤ Canon EOS 70D Food Photography & Video https://amzn.to/2Ib1yGF ➤ GoPro HERO4 Black http://amzn.to/2md2DzF