Bbq Yellowtail Skewers
This year's yellowtail are especially yummy. That's because of their high fat content from all those red crabs they're eating off our coast. Bbq yellowtail skewers is a recipe that takes full advantage of fatty yellowtail, coupled with the citrus tang of limes, tangerines and pineapples! It's tropical and it will truly bring your taste buds to new highs.
Most of all, the high fat content in this year's yellowtail yields a lot of dripping onto your grill during the cooking process. This, in turn, causes smoke to re-flavor the bbq yellowtail with extra smokey goodness. Why is that good? Who doesn't like that extra smokey flavor? Believe me, everyone at the table will love your Bbq yellowtail skewers, bite after bit.
If you still have yellowtail to grill, try my grilled yellowtail sandwich. Simple, easy and beyond yummy!!
Pineapple Express Bbq Yellowtail (serves 4)
You will end up with extra pineapple salsa that can be enjoyed simply as a salad!
2 pounds yellowtail, ¾ inch cubed
4 tablespoons honey
2 dashes hot sauce
Coarse black pepper
Medium pineapple cubed
Bundle of green onions chopped
Bundle of cilantro chopped
1 red onion diced
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Wooden skewers soaked in water 15 minutes
Make The Marinade & Salsa For Bbq Yellowtail
1. Start by creating the marinade for the yellowtail skewers. First, mix the honey, juice of 2 limes, a couple of dashes of hot sauce, salt and pepper. Now, set the marinade aside.
2. Next, skewer the yellowtail cubes onto the soaked wooden skewers. Then, lather up the skewers with the marinade and refrigerate for no longer then one hour.
3. Follow this up by creating the pineapple salsa. To do this, combine the pineapple cubes, green onions, red onions and cilantro.
4. Next, in a separate mixing bowl, add the vegetable oil, juice of 2 limes and tangerines in a small mixing bowl. Mix vigorously and then add the salt and pepper to taste. Now, add this to the pineapple salsa, mix, and refrigerate.
Fire Up The Grill!
5. Start by preheating your grill. So, when your coals are red hot, or your propane grill is as close to 500F as you can get it, placed the skewers on the clean grill. As soon as the yellowtail skewers start to caramelize, turn them. Finally, remove the skewers when both sides are caramelized, this should only take a few minutes.
6. When cooked, place the skewers on a platter. In the end, add the pineapple salsa and serve. Enjoy.
NEED SOME KITCHEN STUFF? 🙂
Here's a great way to support Fisherman's Belly. Use our amazon links to purchase items you may need. You don't pay extra but, Amazon sends us a small commission on your purchase. Just click on the links below to take a look and shop around. Thanks, Yanni ___________________________________________________________
➤ 30 Day Free Amazon Prime Membership
KITCHEN GADGETS & INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE 🌶 ➤ Victorinox 8" Curved Fillet Knife
http://amzn.to/2EPS8e0 ➤ Commercial Plastic Cutting Board 24"x18"
http://amzn.to/2COJkom ➤ Orange Citrus Juicer/Squeezer
http://amzn.to/2E0vs9N ➤ Whisk set, 12",10", 8.5"
http://amzn.to/2CCaySf ➤ Pyrex 1cup & 2cup measuring cups
http://amzn.to/2AhJf9z ➤ Deep 6" Stainless Steel Pan
http://amzn.to/2E3fbRB ➤ Morton Kosher Salt 3lbs
http://amzn.to/2AiewJN ➤ Adjustable Pepper Grinder, Clear
http://amzn.to/2AsoiZG ➤ Spicy World Black Peppercorn 16-oz bag