Just a couple of weeks ago Brian watched me nab a white sea bass in the 40 pound class range—on my first drop of the day. He came home with nada. He was so irked, a couple days later he went solo and nabbed an IGFA Line Class World Record 74.2 pound white sea bass. Needless to say, I was the first person he texted his victory picture to. He also wanted to know what's the best white sea bass recipe I've got?
Well Brian, this new recipe is dedicated to you. I call it, Brian's One Pan Braised Bass. Just like his world record sea bass, this recipe is totally insane. It's simple and easy to make in one braising pan on the stove top, a few ingredients and a little bit of white wine. And, the taste is to die for, especially with the saffron. Believe me, I've already made it, and I know it's the best white sea bass recipe I've got!
For more great sea bass recipes, check out Fisherman's Belly Sea Bass recipe section!
Brian Fagan and his IGFA world record 74.2 pound white sea bass caught in the kelp beds of La Jolla, California.
Best White Sea Bass Recipe: Braised Sea Bass (serves 4)
2 pounds of white sea bass, 1” thick fillets
1 cup white wine, dry not sweet
1/3 cup water
1 large onion, white, cut into rounds ¼” thick
1 lemon cut into rounds ¼” thick
Pinch of saffron
Coarse black pepper
1 tablespoon of parsley, torn by hand
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Create The Best White Sea Bass Recipe
1. Start by seasoning the white sea bass with salt, and pepper. Next, sprinkle on the saffron by grabbing a pinch in between your fingers and lightly rubbing them together while dropping the saffron onto the fish.
2. In a large braising pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Next, add the white sea bass and saute, just until both sides are nice and golden brown.
3. Now, on top of the white sea bass, add the onions and
lemons rounds. Again, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. So now, add the water, wine and parsley.
5. Remember to place a tight fitting lid on top of the braising pan. Now, continue to cook over for 20 minutes while lowering the heat to a simmer.
6. In the end, extract the lemon rounds and discard, then place the remaining fish, onions and sauce into a serving platter. Enjoy. And by all means, don't forget to finish the rest of the chilled wine with your fish.
NEED SOME KITCHEN STUFF? 🙂
Here's a great way to support Fisherman's Belly. Use our amazon links to purchase items you may need. You don't pay extra but, Amazon sends us a small commission on your purchase. Just click on the links below to take a look and shop around. Thanks, Yanni
___________________________________________________________➤ 30 Day Free Amazon Prime Membership
http://amzn.to/2lIRHcI KITCHEN GADGETS & INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE 🌶 ➤ Spanish Saffron 2-grams
➤ Calphalon Braising Pan 7-quart
https://amzn.to/32XtXWn ➤ Casserole Pan Stainless Steel w/Lid 3-quart $69.43 http://amzn.to/2CTdQgA ➤ Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L $23.60 http://amzn.to/2ClQhvN ➤ Decorative Fish Platter Made In Portugal $108.57 http://amzn.to/2CsVuSV ➤ Ceramic Oval Serving Platter 15"x10" $18.99 http://amzn.to/2F3D3G5
PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT USED 🎥
➤ Canon EOS 70D Food Photography & Video https://amzn.to/2Ib1yGF
➤ GoPro HERO4 Black