Fish Belly Recipe: Grilled Tuna & Pork Belly Combined
If you have any questions about this recipe, just leave them on the YouTube video and I'll get back with you ASAP!
When I found a nice piece of frozen tuna belly hiding in my freezer, I told myself it's time for a fish belly recipe, Hawaiian-Pilipino style. I've always wanted to skewer up some tuna and pork belly, so I created this recipe combining the both. Let me give you a heads up, it turned out awesome!
This video-recipe packed is with lots of tips, from prepping to cooking both the pork and the tuna belly. This will turn you into both a pork belly and tuna belly lover. Enjoy this fish belly recipe.
If you're interested in another tuna skewer recipe, how about tuna kebobs? Check it out, very yummy!
Pilipino Pork-Tuna Fish Belly Recipe (8 Skewers)
1 pound of pork belly, cut into 2-in cubes
1 pound tuna belly, cut into 2-in cubes
Small box of cherry tomatoes
bundle of cilantro
1 cup white vinegar
½ soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
coarse black pepper
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
8 wooden skewers (soak in water for 20 minutes)
Preparing The Fish Belly, Pork Belly
1. In a medium stock pot bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1-cup of vinegar, and 5 tablespoons of salt. Now add the cut pieces of pork belly. Keep the flame to maintain a rolling boil for 15 minutes before lowering the heat to a simmer. Don't forget to keep a lid on your stock pot.
Continue to cook at a low simmer for 1 ½ hours. Then, check to make sure the pork is tender. If not, cook for another half hour and check again. Once the pork pieces are tender, allow them to cool a little before placing them into the refrigerator
Start Preheating The Grill
2. Preheat your grill for as close to 500F or above, as
possible. I use hard wood lump coal since I love grilling at
or above 500F.
Making the Adobo Sauce
3. Add a ½ soy sauce, ¼ white vinegar, minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of coarse black pepper into a small mixing bowl. And finally add the granulated sugar. Mix this vigorously and then refrigerate.
Prepping And Cooking The Bbq Pork And Bbq Fish Belly
4. Retrieve the pork belly from the refrigerator, and then place it into a large mixing bowl. Now add the tuna belly pieces. Finally, pour half of the adobo sauce over the pork and tuna, and mix with a large spoon. Now create the skewers by first placing onto the wooden skewers a
piece of pork belly, next a piece of tuna belly and then followed by a tomato. Once you've created all the skewers, you're ready for the grill.
5. Grill each side between 2-3 minutes. Look for deep caramel color on the skewers. Start basting the skewers right after flipping them over. Use the left over adobo sauce. Continuously baste until the skewers are done cooking. Serve the skewers in a platter and then pour the remaining adobo sauce over skewers. Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy
Need Some Kitchen Stuff? 🙂
Here's a great way to support Fisherman's Belly. Use our amazon links to purchase items you may need. You don't pay extra but, Amazon sends us a small commission on your purchase. Just click on the links below to take a look and shop around. Thanks, Yanni
_____________________________________________________________ ➤ 30 Day Free Amazon Prime Membership
KITCHEN GADGETS & INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE 🌶 ➤ 12-inch Chef's Knife
http://amzn.to/2CnQuyw ➤ Wusthof Pro Cook’s Knife 12-inch
http://amzn.to/2CCoOGg ➤ Multi-Purpose Stainless Steel Scraper & Chopper
http://amzn.to/2CK4sv5 ➤ Pyrex 1-cup & 2-cup Measuring Cups
http://amzn.to/2AhJf9z ➤ Kikkoman Soy Sauce 33.8-oz
http://amzn.to/2CXEwwJ ➤ Basting Brushes 2-ea Cooks Kitchen
http://amzn.to/2CUlV4H ➤ Morton Kosher Salt 3lbs
http://amzn.to/2AiewJN ➤ Adjustable Pepper Grinder, Clear
http://amzn.to/2AsoiZG ➤ Spicy World Black Peppercorn 16-oz bag
http://amzn.to/2CTif3a ➤ Commercial Plastic Cutting Board 24"x18"
http://amzn.to/2COJkom ➤ Cuda 9” Flex Fillet Knife
https://amzn.to/2MzhRhD ➤ Flexible Boning Knife
http://amzn.to/2AiPtpW ➤Rectangular Prep and Serving Tray 19.5x11.5”
PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT 🎥 ➤ Canon EOS 70D Food Photography & Video
https://amzn.to/2Ib1yGF ➤ GoPro HERO4 Black