Having a lobster sandwich has been on my mind since day one of the opening of the 2016 lobster season. I love rich juicy lobster meat lathered up with mayonnaise and pickles surrounded by sourdough bread. Believe me, I couldn't wait to crank out this new recipe. The only thing I need is a few lobsters...
Brian to the rescue! Brian's found his bugs on opening night at Mission Bay. He and his kayak circumvented the territorial water's of the bay and found his little patch right up against the jetty rocks. But the wind and the water was far from calm. It was a gusty move, but it paid off in a big way. Brian limited out. So when he handed over a few lobster tails, I didn't have to think twice. So Brian this lobster sandwich is for you!
Lucky Brian and his bugs!
Rock Lobster Pickle Sandwich (makes 2 sandwiches)
2 lobster tails
½ bundle of green onions, chopped
4 stalks of celery, chopped
1 red bell pepper
1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
½ lime, juiced
2 tablespoons pickled pepper rings.
2 tablespoons of the juice from pepper rings (vinegar)
2 sliced dill pickles
5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
4 slices sourdough bread
Coarse black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Making The Lobster Sandwich
1. Start by toasting the sliced bread.
2. Next, begin roasting the red bell pepper by placing it on top of a stove top flame. Keep rotating it to blacken its skin. Then, peel the skin off and remove the pepper's core and seeds. Cut it into halves, and set them aside.
3. Now, take the lobsters tail and cut open their top shells, exposing the meat (don't remove the meat). Drizzle in olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
4. Finally, begin microwaving the tails, starting for one minute. Now, check for doneness. If more cooking is required, only cook for 10 second intervals until the center of the tails are no longer opaque. Don't over cook the tails!! In the end, extract the meat, and then coarsely chop.
5. Grab a mixing bowl and add the lobster, celery, green onions, pepper rings, pepper ring juice, fresh dill, lime juice and mayonnaise, and then mix.
6. Ok, now spread mayonnaise on the both slices of toasted bread, and sprinkle a little black pepper on the mayonnaise. Now lay a slab of roasted red pepper on one slice, and then add the lobster mixture on top of the red pepper. Finally, add the second slice of bread and add a slice of pickle on top of that. Lastly, place tooth picks through the pickles and through the sandwich. Cut in half and serve.
NEED SOME KITCHEN STUFF? 🙂
Here's a great way to support Fisherman's Belly. Use our amazon links to purchase items you may need. You don't pay extra but, Amazon sends us a small commission on your purchase. Just click on the links below to take a look and shop around. Thanks, Yanni
➤ 30 Day Free Amazon Prime Membership
KITCHEN GADGETS & INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE 🌶 ➤ 12-inch Chef's Knife
http://amzn.to/2CnQuyw ➤ Wusthof Pro Cook’s Knife 12-inch
http://amzn.to/2CCoOGg ➤ Bread Cutting Serrated Culinary 10-inch Knife
http://amzn.to/2CVOsKp ➤ Ex-Large Bamboo Cutting Board 18"x14"
http://amzn.to/2EXy1uL ➤ 24" Round Hard Wood Cutting Board
http://amzn.to/2Cxmvo6 ➤ Pyrex 1-cup & 2-cup Measuring Cups
http://amzn.to/2AhJf9z ➤ Olive Oil Dispenser Bottle 16-oz
http://amzn.to/2FuGeFV ➤ Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L
http://amzn.to/2ClQhvN ➤ Pro Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set of 6
http://amzn.to/2CNr3H7 ➤ Fish Prepping Pan (13"x9"x2")