Spicy Wahoo Sushi Bowl
So, you're looking for some ono recipes? I say, combine your ono with the greatest sushi invention ever, the sushi bowl! And, believe me, this is a no brainer. First of all, fishermen love the delicious taste of ono. Then, fishermen love the buttery goodness of sushi. But most of all fishermen love a hearty, filling meal. That's exactly what you get with my new ono recipe.
My ono recipes are inspired from my days living and working in Hawaii. But as we know, ono isn't just found in Hawaii. It can be found all through out the pacific, including Mexico and California. So, if your'e lucky enough to have some of this prized fish, try enjoying at like the Hawaiians would. And that way, you might say wahoo!
Ono Recipe Sushi Bowl (make 2 bowls)
1 pound of wahoo ½-in cubed
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of SamBal chili paste
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 ¼ cup of sushi rice
1 ½ cup water
1 tablespoon of chopped Thai chili peppers (optional black sesame seeds)
Start This Ono Recipe
1. First, wash the sushi rice in a strainer, until the water becomes clear.
2. Then, in a small pot, bring 1 ½ cups of water to a boil, and add a pinch of salt. Then, start adding the rice, and reduce the heat. And, let it simmer for 10 minutes and remember, to keep the lid on the pot.
3. In the mean while, create the vinegar rice seasoning by mixing the vinegar, sugar and salt. And, set that aside. After the rice has simmered for 10 minutes, remove it from the heat and let stand for at least 10 minutes. And please, do not remove the lid!
4. Finally, place the rice into a large nonmetallic bowl or, onto a wooden or plastic cutting board. Now, using a wooden spatula begin to gently break apart the rice clumps to allow for cooling. Shortly thereafter, begin adding the vinegar seasoning, while continuing to gently mix the rice. Finally, all the rice to cool to room temperature.
Create The Sushi Bowl
5. Start, by adding the mayonnaise, couple with Sambal, and soy sauce in a small mixing bowl. So, after mixing throughly, begin to fold in the fish cubes. This is your sushi mixture.
6. In conclusion, grab your serving bowl, and fill half the bowl with sushi rice and the other half with the sushi mixture. And, don't forget, garnish with chili peppers and mint leaves. Enjoy.
NEED SOME KITCHEN STUFF? 🙂
Here's a great way to support Fisherman's Belly. Use our amazon links to purchase items you may need. You don't pay extra but, Amazon sends us a small commission on your purchase. Just click on the links below to take a look and shop around. Thanks, Yanni ________________________________________________________________
➤ 30 Day Free Amazon Prime Membership http://amzn.to/2lIRHcI
KITCHEN GADGETS & INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE 🌶
➤ 12-inch Chef's Knife
http://amzn.to/2CnQuyw ➤ Wusthof Pro Cook’s Knife 12-inch
http://amzn.to/2CCoOGg ➤ Cuda 10" Fillet Knife
http://amzn.to/2qtueSB ➤ Ex-Large Bamboo Cutting Board 18"x14"
http://amzn.to/2EXy1uL ➤ 24" Round Hard Wood Cutting Board
http://amzn.to/2Cxmvo6 ➤ Pyrex 1-cup & 2-cup Measuring Cups
http://amzn.to/2AhJf9z ➤ Pro Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set of 6
http://amzn.to/2CNr3H7 ➤ 10" Porcelain Rectangular Platters, Set of 4,
http://amzn.to/2CK8Kqe ➤ Botan White Sushi Rice 5lbs
http://amzn.to/2lXH1qH ➤ 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT USED 🎥 ➤ Canon EOS 70D Food Photography & Video https://amzn.to/2Ib1yGF ➤ GoPro HERO4 Black http://amzn.to/2md2DzF