Thai Fish Soup With Fresh Fish
Thai fish soup is good for the soul. Plus, you'll be extra happy with this recipe when you use our fresh fish. The flavors are clean, crisp and every bite reminds you of the sea. Eating this Thai soup with fresh fish will put you on the shores of Thailand with the locals. Really!
I was first exposed to this to Thai fish soup in Hawaii. Its simplicity is unbelievable. It's so easy to make—it took me less than a half hour. All you need is your fresh fish, and a quick trip to your local Asian market.
If you want more Thai recipes, try my Thai Seafood Curry!
Thai Fish Soup (serves 6)
2 pounds fish ½ inch cubed (I used thresher shark)
1 pound cut squid tentacles or mixed seafood
4 tablespoon Tom Yum Soup Paste (google it!)
2 stalks lemongrass, cleaned, partially mashed and chopped (see the video)
2 sweet mild red peppers, finely sliced
5 cups of chicken stock
10 oz rice vermicelli noodles
1 bundle Thai basil
1 cup of bean sprouts
Making The Thai Fish Soup
1. First, get your chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
2. Then, in a separate large pot, start adding the Tom Yum paste, and then add the heated chicken stock into the pot. Finally, bring that to a boil.
3. Now, add the rice noodles, lemon grass and red peppers. Keep cooking and stirring for another 3 minutes. Thus, preventing the noodles from sticking together.
4. After that, add the fish and cook until the fish cubes become opaque. This will only take a few minutes at the most. Finally add the squid tentacles (or mixed seafood), turn off the heat and stir. Here's why, the squid will stay tender and not chewy since it will cook in less than 30 seconds from the residual heat.
5. Finally, serve, topped with Thai basil and bean sprouts. Enjoy!
Need Some Kitchen Stuff? 🙂
Here's a great way to support Fisherman's Belly. Use our amazon links to purchase items you may need. You don't pay extra but, Amazon sends us a small commission on your purchase. Just click on the links below to take a look and shop around. Thanks, Yanni _____________________________________________________________
KITCHEN GADGETS & INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE 🌶 ➤ Cast Iron Dutch Pot
http://amzn.to/2DIme2h ➤ Large 10.5-quart Aluminum Soup Pot w/Lid
http://amzn.to/2CJLAfy ➤ Ex-Large Bamboo Cutting Board 18"x14"
http://amzn.to/2EXy1uL ➤ Culinary Pairing Knife Forged
http://amzn.to/2DSrNhH ➤ 12-inch Chef's Knife
http://amzn.to/2CnQuyw ➤ Wusthof Pro Cook’s Knife 12-inch
➤ Knorr Granulated Chicken Stock
https://amzn.to/2JPcVlt ➤ Morton Kosher Salt 3lbs
http://amzn.to/2AiewJN ➤ Adjustable Pepper Grinder, Clear
http://amzn.to/2AsoiZG ➤ Spicy World Black Peppercorn 16-oz bag
http://amzn.to/2CTif3a ➤ Multi Length 8-piece Wooden Spoons
➤ Cuda 10" Fillet Knife
http://amzn.to/2qtueSB ➤ Professional Stainless Steel Soup Ladle
http://amzn.to/2Gmypnf ➤Set of 4 Large Porcelain Soup Bowls
http://amzn.to/2DBjaor ➤ Wooden Mallet Set of 4
http://amzn.to/2DV0Utw ➤ Tom Yum Paste 8-oz
http://amzn.to/2EeX24j ➤ Thai Gluten-Free Stir Fry Rice Noodles, 14 oz. (Pack of 6)
PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT USED 🎥 ➤ Canon EOS 70D Food Photography & Video
https://amzn.to/2Ib1yGF ➤ GoPro HERO4 Black