If you have any questions about this recipe, just leave them on the YouTube video and I'll get back with you ASAP!
If you're lucky enough to go offshore this year and get some wahoo, now what? Why not try a wahoo fish taco recipe? I'm not talking about going to wahoos.com, I'm talking about your kitchen dot com!!! And for those of you who have any fresh fish, this fish taco recipe will make you happy too!
My new wahoo fish taco recipe includes thick pieces of wahoo wrapped and rolled in corn tortillas. Then, they are pan fried for that wonderful combination of a crunchy taco shell and the soft meaty bite of delicious wahoo. Finally, all of that taco goodness is topped off with a creamy Mexican creme and a spicy pico de gallo! Too good to be true. Nah, just another easy fish recipe from me to you. Enjoy!
Love fish tacos? Check out our Fish Taco Recipes!
Wahoo Fish Taco Recipe (6 rolled tacos)
1 pound wahoo fillets, cut into 6 finger strips (the length of the corn tortilla)
6 corn tortillas
1/2 cup of grape seed oil (vegetable oil)
Cracked black pepper
Mexican Creme Sauce
4 tablespoons sour cream
4 tablespoons mayoniasse
1/2 lime juiced
2 garlic cloves mashed into paste
Pinch of kosher salt
Pico De Gallo
2 tomatoes, 1/2-in diced
1/2 medium red onion, 1/2-in diced
1 bundle cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno roasted and charred then fine diced
1 cup fresh pineapple, 1/2-in cubed
1 1/2 limes juiced
Pinch of kosher salt and pepper
Start Making The Wahoo Fish Taco Recipe
1. First start off by making the Mexican creme by mixing the sour cream, mayonnaise, crushed garlic and lime juice along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Refrigerate until needed.
2. Make the pico de gallo by mixing the tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, roasted jalapeno, pineapple and lime juice. Mix and then refrigerate until needed.
3. Start heating the corn tortillas by placing them on an open flame on the stove top. Heat and barely char both sides. If you don't have a gas flame, warm the tortillas in a microwave.
2. Start heating a half cup of oil in a frying pan, I use a cast iron pan for even cooking/frying (http://amzn.to/2os4ZwC).
3. Season all the wahoo strips with salt. Now place a finger length strip of wahoo into a tortilla and roll. Placed the final rolled seam down into the frying pan. Repeat for all 6 tacos.
4. Fry the wahoo tacos until golden brown on all sides. Then place the tacos in a platter lined with a paper towel. Immediately add a pinch of salt on top of the tacos.
5. Now serve in a separate platter by first laying down the tacos, then adding the Mexican creme and finally adding the pico de gallo on top of that. Enjoy your wahoo taco recipe!!
NEED SOME KITCHEN STUFF? 😋 Here's a great way to support Fisherman's Belly. Use our amazon links to purchase items you may need. You don't pay extra but, Amazon sends us a small commission on your purchase. Just click on the links below to take a look and shop around. Thanks, Yanni ________________________________________________________________ ➤ 30 Day Free Amazon Prime Membership http://amzn.to/2lIRHcI
KITCHEN GADGETS & INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE 🌶 ➤ Staub Cast Iron 12" Fry Pan - Dark Blue http://amzn.to/2os4ZwC ➤ Pyrex 1-cup & 2-cup Measuring Cups http://amzn.to/2AhJf9z ➤ 12-inch Chef's Knife $19.95
http://amzn.to/2CnQuyw ➤ Whisk set 12",10", 8.5" http://amzn.to/2CCaySf ➤ Stainless Steel Tongs Set 12", 9" Locking http://amzn.to/2CEmEt7 ➤ Multi-Purpose Stainless Steel Scraper & Chopper http://amzn.to/2CK4sv5 ➤ Microwave Tortilla Warmer, 10-Inch http://amzn.to/2oTWNVj ➤ Wusthof Pro Cook’s Knife 12-inch http://amzn.to/2CCoOGg ➤ 24" Round Hard Wood Cutting Board http://amzn.to/2Cxmvo6 ➤ Morton Kosher Salt 3lbs http://amzn.to/2AiewJN ➤ Adjustable Pepper Grinder, Clear http://amzn.to/2AsoiZG ➤ Spicy World Black Peppercorn http://amzn.to/2CTif3a ➤ Orange Citrus Juicer/Squeezer http://amzn.to/2E0vs9N ➤ Ex-Large Mixing Bowl w/Lid http://amzn.to/2CKwaLg
PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT USED 🎥 ➤ Canon EOS 70D Food Photography & Video https://amzn.to/2Ib1yGF ➤ GoPro HERO4 Black http://amzn.to/2md2DzF